Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Not Enough

I might have bawled the first time I watched this video. The song is beautiful. The story gets to me. I still cry at the end...every time. I can relate to the couple. Although, there are times I watch and wish Layne and I had done better with the daily, "I'm thinking of you.", acts of thoughtfulness. There are also times I cry a little more because this couple had longer than we did. Their kids were grown. I know that doesn't make it any easier and it means that this man is now living on his own. There are pros and cons to everything. I guess anytime your spouse dies before you want them to...I can't think of when that doesn't apply. So, maybe I'll just say whenever your spouse dies before you do, you're going to wish they were still there and you miss them. I miss Layne. Our time was not enough. I'm looking forward to seeing him again. Maybe at some point I'll feel like forever is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment