Friday, June 28, 2019

Walk on Water

A week or so ago I had a thought come to me. It was the thought to walk on water. I had been studying about Christ walking on the water and how Peter followed him. He was asked about his faith when he started to sink and Christ helped him.
When I had the thought it was about how I have hard things that I need to do. I am doing most things on my own. I no longer have a life partner or a parenting teammate. That changes so many factors in my life. The thought of walking on water was a reminder to me that I need to have a great deal of faith to sustain me through all that needs to be done.
It's not about attempting to do amazing things so that others notice and are wowed. It's about knowing where my strength comes from and acknowledging that on a daily basis. It's about working with Christ and not on my own. It's about knowing something will be hard and doing it anyway because I'm relying on my Savior and His grace.
Life changes are hard. Everyone has something that feels big to them. We all have challenges. If you believe in a higher being...depend on that strength. It will give you courage. It will prove to be a strength to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment